Health Advocacy campaign
• Select a population health issue of interest to you and identify the population affected by the issue.
• Locate two scholarly articles, each of which provides a description of an effective health advocacy campaign that addresses your issue. The articles need to focus on two different advocacy campaigns.
• Analyze the attributes of the two campaigns to determine what made them effective.
• Reflect on a policy you could propose or suggest a change to a current policy to improve the health of the population you selected.
• Consider how you could develop an advocacy campaign, applying the attributes identified in similar, effective campaigns.
For the Part 1 application (approximately 3–4 pages of content with a title page and references in APA format) address the following:
• Describe your selected population health issue and the population affected by this issue.
• Summarize the two advocacy campaigns you researched in this area.
• Explain the attributes that made those campaigns effective.
• Begin to develop a plan for a health advocacy campaign that seeks to create a new policy or change an existing policy with regard to the issue and population you selected. Be sure to include in your plan:
A description of the public health issue and proposed policy solution
• Specific objectives for the policy you want to be implemented
• Begin to substantiate of your proposed campaign by data and evidence.
• Be sure to paste the rubric at the end of your paper.